As part of our work of preservation of the Ridgeway, the Friends of the Ridgeway have established an annual arts competition and prize – the Swire Ridgeway Arts Prize. The aim of the competition is to bring The Ridgeway to life not only as a long distance trail but as an artistic inspiration, and to show The Ridgeway, its history and environs, in all their aspects throughout all seasons. The theme is ‘The Ridgeway: history, ecology, and landscape across the surrounding environs ’.
The main points of the prize are:
- There are separate classes for painting, sculpture, photography and writing (poetry or prose).
- The competition is open to all over the age of 16.
- Art work submitted must be produced in the 24 months prior to the closing date.
- The results of the competition will be announced and prizes awarded at the Ridgeway Friends Day held in the spring each year.
- The closing date for entries shall be two months prior to the Ridgeway Friends Day in 2017 or 1st February 2017 whichever is the later.
All entrants will receive one year’s membership of The Friends of the Ridgeway commencing from the date of the Ridgeway Friends Day at which the results are announced. Each category winner will receive a keeper prize plus £100. The overall winner will receive a keeper prize plus £250 and a trophy.
To enter applicants should contact The Friends of the Ridgeway. Entrants need to complete the Entry Form and submit it with their art work.
Why not seek inspiration from the Ridgeway and then, through the Swire Ridgeway Arts Prize, share it with all those that love and value the Ridgeway?
Further information can be obtained from: Anthony Burdall, 2 Fernham Road, Faringdon Oxfordshire SN7 7JY Tel : 01367 240713 Mob : 0784135 2938 Email : email@example.com
Please see the links below for further information and an entry form that can be downloaded: