The Friends of the Ridgeway Vale Of The White Horse Local Group have, for many years, organised a series of talks and events. Over the past summer these activities have included ‘Sheepdrove Organic Farm : A walk with the Conservation Officer’ and a ‘Bishopstone Walk’. Over the autumn and winter, a programme of meetings with talks as in previous years is being finalised; the provisional programme is:
- Thursday 20 October 2016: Alan Larkman “Old-fashioned farming for conservation – first 5 years at City Farm, Eynsham”.
- Thursday 17 November 2016: Robin Buxton “Is nature important in its own right, or only in the service of people?”
- Thursday 19 January 2017: Bjorn Watson “Henry Merten, a Shrivenham Regicide”.
- Thursday 17 February 2017: Sarah Wright “Future of the Ridgeway”.
- Thursday 17 March 2017: Eric Jones “The Middle Ridgeway – History and environment”.
All talks start at 7.30pm and are held in the Old Town Hall Faringdon, unless otherwise noted. The talks programme will be distributed to members of the Friends of the Ridgeway when it is finalised. For further information contact Joyce Gardiner Tel: 01367 710 743 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All are welcome to attend the meetings, to hear what promises to be interesting talks, and meet other members of the Friends of the Ridgeway. Guests welcome!